Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shiny new Apple Airport Extreme

Last week my Linksys WRT300N died after only 8 months use. It didn't die as much as it became so unreliable that it was useless. Every now and then it would drop the wireless connection, and then refuse to allow reconnection no matter how many times I power cycled it. This became so frequent and wasted so much of my time that I decided the unit had to go. I could probably send it back Linksys under warranty but I would need another wireless unit in the meantime anyway. As I've had an excellent run with Apple products I decided to give the Airport Extreme a shot. It was a breeze to setup, and my wife and I can both notice the speed difference when accessing the net. So far, so good! Quality costs more but it seems you get what you pay for. We'll see if I'm singing the same tune about the Airport Extreme in 12months time.

No comments: